Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tasting - Foxhollow Chardonnay

Week 2



Name: Foxhollow Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay grapes
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $5.95
Food? No

Description from Vintage Cellar: This Chardonnay’s aromas of tropical pineapple, crisp green apple and citrus are supported by underlying nuances of vanilla. The finish is smooth and creamy yet balanced with enough acidity to accentuate the vibrant fruit flavors with a hint of orange blossoms.


My Review: I detected a banana scent on the nose of this pale gold wine. Upon tasting, strong and bright fruit flavors overwhelmed the palette. Wagering into details, I would say stone fruit, specifically apricot. (Note: I have been writing these reviews before reading the Vintage Cellar reviews. I guess my palette is WAY off, since the flavors I detect are not the same as their review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment