Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tasting- Chateau Ste Michelle Gewurztraminer

Week 4

Name: Chateau Ste Michelle Gewurztraminer
Variety: 100% Vinifera Rootstock
Region: Paso Robles, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $10
Food? No

Description from the Vineyard:"This Gerwurztraminer is such an enjoyable wine with beautiful, expressive fruit and clove spice. This is a lush style of Gerwurztraminer with a lot of floral character, yet it still maintains the grape's natural crisp acidity. A touch of Muscat offers citrus notes and a deeper spice note."


My Review: The wine smelled very fruity and sugary, and the taste reflected that. I thought it was a sweet wine, but sweet like candied fruit, rather than straight candy. I detected notes of peaches and apricots, two fruits that I've had dried. I thought it was a fantastic wine and I'd love to have it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment