Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tasting- Crafted Artisan Meadery Snowbelt Cyser

Week 3


Name: Crafted Artisan Meadery Snowbelt Cyser
Variety: Honey Wine, with 
Region: Mogadore, Ohio
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: Unknown, my boyfriend shared it with me.
Food? No

Description from the Meadery: "From lake effect snow and nor'easters to snow rollers and polar vortexes, things can get a little crazy here in the snowbelt.  Tales of road crews using this spiced cranberry cyser to treat icy roads are purely urban legend.  Regardless of where you are, it's sure to give you a brief respite from the winter months with it's warming vanilla and cinnamon notes.  Chill a bottle in the nearest snowdrift, snap a photo, and tag it #snowbeltcyser."


My Review: The color is a beautiful pale pink, and the nose is full of cherry and honey. Mead is much sweeter than wine, because honey has more sugar than grapes. So this mead was very sweet, but not cloyingly so. The mead tastes like cherries, and the back palette is hit with a nice warmth from the flavor. I could detect the apple notes, but not the cranberry. I expect the cherry flavor I tasted was actually cranberry, but I never eat the cranberry chutney my mom makes at Thanksgiving, so I don't know what they taste like. Shame on me. 

I enjoyed this mead!

No comments:

Post a Comment