Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tasting- Windy Hill Strawberry Pippin Cider

Week 6



Name: Windy Hill Strawberry Pippin Cider
Variety: Apple Cider with Strawberry Essence
Region: York, SC
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: Unknown, it was shared at a birthday party 
Food? No

Hard Cider description from the cidery: "As a licensed and bonded cidery, we have been producing Hard Cider at our orchard since 1996. Over the past several years, we have expanded our Hard Cider production to meet the demand of this rapidly growing crat beverage market. We currently produce several styles of Hard Cider that are available throughout North and South Carolina."

My Review: I felt this was a decent enough cider. The strawberry flavor is a nice touch, but I'm a little biased against using flavor essences in place of actual fruits. Also, I don't understand how you can have a "locally grown Strawberry essence". That doesn't seem local to me. I don't think I'll be drinking this again, it didn't stand out enough to me against its contemporaries in the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment