Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tasting- Big House Pinot Evil

Week 6


Name: Big House Pinot Evil Pinot Noir Boxed wine
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Livermore, CA
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $18
Food? No

Description from Big House: "The Three Wise Monkeys are the mischievous deviants of the Big House. But don’t let them fool you with their playful demeanor.…They rule the prison’s vineyards. Long believed by many winemakers to be the most difficult to grape and craft into a wine, Pinot Noir often seems possessed if not downright evil. The Three Wise Monkeys prefer to view Pinot Noir as their guilty pleasure. And with that philosophy in mind, Pinot Evil dances with a lovely ripe cherry nose that cascades into a smooth, velvet finish."

My Review: The nose is thin and the wine is very light pink for a robust red. I get pine notes in the nose and in the flavor profile, with a bold anise flavor on the front palette. It tingles your tongue like black licorice. This does NOT taste like the description at all! I'm very surprised. And I don't think I'll be buying it again. I just have to finish the entire 3 liters now!

No comments:

Post a Comment