Sunday, March 15, 2015

Tasting- Allegrini Valpolicella Classico DOC

Spring Break


Name: Allegrini Valpolicella Classico DOC
Variety: Corvina Veronese 65%, Rondinella 30%, Molinara 5%
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: Unknown
Price: $10 a glass
Food? Paired with cheese- see Cheese Pairing post

Tasting Notes from Winery: "Ruby red in colour, with purplish-blue highlights; the nose exhibits fragrant fruit with prominent notes of cherries, echoed by fresher hints of pepper and aromatic herbs, typical of Corvina and Corvinone, the historic varietals of this appellation. Whilst young it is impressively lively and playful on the palate whereas some two years on it expresses greater delicacy and finesse."

My Review: My friend ordered this wine, and let me taste it. It was very fruity with a hint of herb, but it felt thin and didn't have a very robust flavor profile. I did pick up an odd, tobacco flavor on the nose. I preferred it to the Chianti that I wrote about in a different post, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment