Sunday, April 5, 2015

Tasting- Sean Minor Four Bears Vin Gris

Week 10



Name: 
Sean Minor Four Bears
Variety: Vin Gris
Region: Carneros
Country: California
Year: 2013
Price: $20, on sale for $8.95
Food? No

Description from the Vintage Cellar: "The Vin Gris is a bright and vibrant salmon color with cherry, strawberry, cranberry and ripe watermelon aromas on the nose.  On entry, the wine displays bright strawberry flavors. Throughout the mid-palate and finish, raspberry and cherry fruit characters are balanced with spicy and crisp acidity that linger creating a refreshing and lengthy finish."


My Review: I really liked this wine! The color caught my eye immediately, and was supported well by the fruit and berry notes in the nose and taste. I detected lots of melon, especially cantaloupe. This wine was very well balanced and easy to drink. I would've bought a bottle or two, had I not owed the IRS lots of money for my tax return. Darn you, shoestring budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment