Sunday, April 5, 2015

Tasting- Grande Reserve des Bastides

Week 10



Name: Grande Reserve des Bastides
Variety: Mauzac, Sauvignon Blanc, Loin de l'Oeil
Region: Gaillac
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $9.95
Food? No

Description from the Vintage Cellar: "A crisp and fruity blend featuring 20% of the herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc, 50% creamy Loin de l’Oeil and notes of fresh apple and crisp pear, plus a touch of herb from the 30% Mauzac. It has a bright feel, with a hint of mineral on the finish."


My Review: The nose of this wine is very bright and sprightly, with many floral and fruit notes. I picked up peach, honey, and a hint of breadiness. This wine doesn't taste like it smells though. It isn't sweet at all- it's tart, dry, and very green. It made me salivate a LOT. I'd have to find the perfect food to pair it with if I were to try it again, because on it's own it's very off putting.

No comments:

Post a Comment