Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tasting- Lil One

Week 1



Name: Lil One
Variety: American Strong Ale
Region: Freeport, Maine
Country: United States
Bottled on: January 2, 2015
Price: $8
Food? Yes, a hamburger with mayonaise and sriracha.

Description from Maine Beer Company: Some may call this a malty double IPA, some a hoppy barley wine. We prefer that it not be classified. We think of it, simply, as our strong winter ale. Intense hop aromatics and flavor (think pine, candied orange) blended with just enough malt sweetness to balance out the palate.

My Review: I'm always a fan of Maine Beer Company, and Lil One did not disappoint. The malts and hops paired perfectly together, and the beer had a nice hop finish that lingered on. I finished the burger before I started the beer, and the first few sips were definitely influenced by the lingering sriracha spiciness. But once my palate had cleared, the well balanced taste of Lil One made my day. I will definitely be drinking this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment