Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tasting- B Nektar Apple Pi

Week 2


Name: B. Nektar Apple Pi
Variety: Mead
Region: Ferndale, Michigan
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $14
Food? I started drinking it, then popped some popcorn. They did NOT pair well. So I finished the popcorn and then continued to drink.

Description from Meadery: The holidays are over, but it doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy some delicious pie. Ours is made from fresh apple cider, honey, and pie spices. Perfect after dinner sipper.

My Review: This was my first mead, and it was divine. The mead tastes so much like apple pie- the cinnamon notes are strong and balanced well with the honey of the mead. It tasted more complex once it warmed up. I would love to drink more of this, if only it wasn't so expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment